Looking for an Autumn city break in Europe? We've been to 159 towns & cities in the last 10 years and, naturally, we belie that we know the best places!
In this episode, we count down (quite literally!) the top 6 places to choose for an autumnal city break. So what are you waiting for? Press ‘play' you fool!
Places we mention:
- Maribor, Slovenia
- The oldest vine in the world
- Wine museum (ask for Natasa or Marco)
- Wine Festival (San Martin) on the 11th November
- Lake Bled, Slovenia
- Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Belgrade, Serbia
- Castle is Belgrade Fortress
- The rooftop bar we went to is SkyLounge Belgrade
- You have to try a burek!
- The cobbled area that's the cultural quarter is Skadarlija
- The cocktail bar that's like a speakeasy is the Riddle Bar
- Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Istria, Croatia
- The towns we mention are Rijeka, Optajia and Rovinj
- In Rovinj, avoid the Monte restaurant (even though they have a Michelin star!) and instead go to Snack Bar Rio and get the truffle pasta
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Salamanca, Spain
- The James Bond villain Al was trying to remember is Scaramanga, and the large lizard Leanne was getting confused by is the Salamander. Neither of these is a city in Northern Spain…
- Learn more about the Salamanca Feria in September here. (Usually second week in September)
- The square that we argued about is called Plaza Mayor
- Our episode on Salamanca is here
- Please check COVID entry requirements as they seem to change hourly!